Saturday, August 3, 2013

Days 9 and 10


Ah, the weekend - time for my parents to get a rest and have others babysit me!

Bob came over Friday evening after work and we watched several episodes of Friends (I might have about 10 on my DVR at a time, don't judge me) and then he slept out on the air mattress in the living room and I slept in the recliner again.  I just can't handle sleeping in my bed for very long without my back hurting really bad.  It's a horrible sleeping position!

Friday (furlough day), I had more physical therapy - tried a few new things like this one exercise (passive motion again, meaning - I stay limp while either PT does the work, or another part of my body) - where a dog leash was tied to my foot and I had to pull up on it to bend my knee and move my leg up.

Then, the usual trying to just stretch the muscles and move the joint around to loosen it all up because everything has been severed, tightened, or has swollen and caused crazy inflammation.
(This last stretch made my leg feel like a Barbie doll's leg-you know, right before they pop out of the socket?)
(This one was not as painful as previous days at PT)


Today, I went with my friend Sarah to the movies to see The Conjouring (ack! terrifying)- in retrospect, I wish I had hopped out of my wheelchair to a theatre seat, but it would have been too much of a hassle after the movie started.  I was pretty stiff and sore afterwards, so I didn't get to "walk" around the mall with her after - but it was nice being able to go to the movies, I love going to the movies.  We also had Nando's we snuck into the theatre so that was also nice.  I went a little bit over my Weight Watchers points today, but I have my weekly points because it's Saturday, so, just have to NOT mess up the rest of the week, that's all.  I haven't lost or gained any weight it seems.  I'd love to know what my brace weighs because I'm only weighing myself with the brace on! :D

Anyhoot - that's my update for now.  Bob saw me Sunday after surgery and then yesterday - he said my movement is a lot better, I don't appear to be in as much hip pain, and I'm in a much better mood.  I think that has something to do with not being on Percocet also!  Oh, and healing.  We changed my bandages and my two slits are healing nicely it seems, just have two bandaids now rather than a bunch of gauze mess.  I have a little bit of bruising, but nothing like what I saw online from other surgeries!

No comments:

Post a Comment