Friday, September 6, 2013

Six Weeks Post-Surgery

Just had my six week follow-up with my doctor.  Everything seems to be doing well, in terms of recovery.  Asked him my usual list of twenty questions, asked about the recovery process (physical therapy), and he had to remind me I'm only one month in!

New developments in the last two weeks of physical therapy: I can do about 20-30 minutes on the lowest settings of an elliptical and exercise bike, I can (starting tomorrow) do flutter kick in the pool, and as of today after my appointment, I can take small spurts of walking WITHOUT MY CRUTCH.  Unfortunately, my body is still doing a weird gait/muscle weakness thing, so I can't do it for very long.  And I can sort of go up and down stairs "normally."

Here are your many many photos as promised:




PT trying to straighten out my tilted pelvis/lower back joint




Clams


Water side leg lifts

Water marches

Water Squats

Arm swimming with buoy between thighs so my legs don't go anywhere 

Buoy demonstration, treading water with just arms is not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment